Sometimes as mother’s we find ourselves over working and not filling our own cups up of who God says we are. It is easy to slip into a spirit of weariness and operate from that position instead of operating out of who we are in Christ Jesus. Today we would like to share with you a few verses that we turn to when we find ourselves operating out of a spirit of weariness or fatigue and we are ready to turn the tides and lean into God!
- Trust in Him at all times, you people; pour out your hearts to Him, for God is our refuge.
This is an excellent verse for those days when you’re unsure how you’re going to make it through. You can pour out your heart to Him. You can take comfort in how He shields you.
- But He said to me, “My Grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.”
2 Corinthians 12:9
This verse is so powerful because in my weakest moments, moments where I am literally with my face to the floor, just empty…in those moments is when I can tangibly feel His grace just pouring on me. And in those moments is when I can empty everything at His feet(usually ugly crying and exhaling it all out to Him in surrender). In these intimate encounters, He never fails me. He supernaturally energizes me and always gives me just enough grace to get through it all. This reminds me that I can not do life without Him.
- But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high in wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint.
The Holy Spirit uses this scripture to remind me to trust God with my spirit, soul, and body while being diligent in my morning prayer time. This is building up my endurance and exercises my faith in Him. To wait on the Lord and expect Him to change my weariness to new strength. To mount up or to ascend into experience the Lord’s closeness. I will soar high on wings like eagles to get a better view of the issues causing weariness, and laying them at the feet of Jesus.
- “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”
This scripture is such a clear direction for my everyday life. When I am down right tired and have nothing left in me to give, I know my father longs for me to come and lay it all at His feet! I take a deep breath for the first time in days, weeks even knowing that as I lean into and ON to my father I will receive a supernatural rest and I do not have to carry the day to day burdens alone. As I link up with the Father’s yoke it all becomes lighter because the pressure of motherhood and marriage are no longer solely on my shoulders, but linked with the shoulders of the King of Kings.
- I know what it means to lack, and I know what it means to experience overwhelming abundance. For I’m trained in the secret of overcoming all things, whether in fullness or in hunger. And I find that the strength of Christ’s explosive power infuses me to conquer every difficulty.
I know that no matter what is weighing me down in life my Father in Heaven is the one who has been there with me through it all. I find rest in knowing that I can always lean on Him no matter the day or weeks may bring. When I am at the end of my rope I find restoration in leaning into God because I know His power and might lives inside of me!
- Trust in the Lord completely, and do not rely on your own opinions. With all your heart, rely on him to guide you, and he will lead you in every decision you make.
When I am feeling weary this scripture reminds me to Trust in the one and only one who has my life! Every circumstance God is aware of and right in the midst of it with me! I’m never alone! It refreshes my heart to lean into God and trust him with all of my heart! Leaning on his ways and giving him control.
Praying that if you have found yourself in a season of weariness or you have started to give into that fatigue that can so easily creep up on us that these scriptures can help lift your eyes off of the tiredness around you and allow you to be refreshed by our Father in Heaven who longs to take the pressure and tiredness off of you!